More specifically, the HOMESTUCK FANDOM.
You just rolled your eyes didn’t you. Or sighed, or scrolled on past this thinking I’m just a stupid girl for liking Homestuck because the only fans you’ve ever met or seen have either been morons or assholes.
That bothers me because it makes the fans who are sane and can control themselves look bad.
I’m a Homestuck.
I’ve been one for over a year. I caught up around May 13th 2011, the first update I saw was [s] FLIP, and it took me the longest time to realize it was a flash. I’ve read it at least twice more times since then, in addition to problem sleuth.
I own signed copies of volumes one and two in addition to several shirts and a sufferer pendant. I cosplay several characters, John and Kanaya in particular, and I participated in a Homestuck panel at a convention.
I write fanfiction and I ship some characters more than others. I’m Palhoncho of team John <> Vriska and enjoying myself thoroughly so far. I have a moirail who I confide in when life is hard. I made a fantroll and figured out what my godtier is;and I enjoy cosplaying one of the kids when there is absolutely no need to do so.
That picture of us was taken on Dec 3rd, aka Dave’s birthdy, so a bunch of my friends and I dressed up as Dave, (or other characters if they couldn’t be him) went to the mall, and got a picture with Santa. The mall cops thought we were a flash mob and yelled at us even though that wasn’t the case. We just wanted to have fun in a group, and yes, there were some annoying people there, but altogether it was one of the most fun things I ever did.
But GUESS WHAT.
I KNOW people don’t like it. I know it full well. A fellow cosplayer dislikes it so much that he gets annoyed if one of my friends or I bring it up when he’s in the vicinity. My family doesn’t understand it beyond a few inside jokes and references. Therefore I try not to annoy people with it.
I had my weaboo days, and they’re gone. I know what things will annoy people and I try to avoid doing things like that.
I won’t attack you with my chainsaw if you make fun of me at a con. I won’t force anyone to read it if you don’t want to. I won’t shove a bucket under your nose unless it’s to offer you gummy bears and candy corn that I give out to people because I’M NICE.
So please understand what I’m trying to say here.
Every fandom has it’s dark side, and fandoms are like trends and fads. Earlier this year we had the Once-ler fandom spamming our walls, then Hunger Games stuff, now it’s Avengers. Hetalia was HUGE a little while ago, and before that there was Ouran, Soul Eater, Bleach, Naruto, all these things that still have fans and weeaboos and people who you just don’t want to talk to.
However, I like things other than Homestuck. I like animes,and Young Justice, and Disney movies, and a gazillion different books, and baking, and board games, and writing, and sewing, and lots of other things too.
I’m not JUST a Homestuck. I’m a human being too.
So just because the fandom jumpers are being assholes, don’t take it out on the entire fandom, because we don’t deserve to be treated like that. If it wasn’t Homestuck and was what you liked, you probably wouldn’t have a problem with us sane fans.
I know full well what it’s like to have people hate you.
I’m starting to consider not cosplaying Homestuck as much because I don’t want to be associated with the fandom jumpers and assholes, and it kinda makes me sad. At a con last year, my first one after becoming a Homestuck, I had so much fun. On Sunday we just hung out and ate snacks and joked around, and it was really nice because I felt like nobody was judging me, or thinking I’m a weirdo, or giving me odd stares. We all respected each other and I felt like I could finally be myself.
Listen. Every fandom has it’s dark side. Just because our morons stand out more isn’t a reason to hate us.
Please take this into consideration before insulting all of us, because we don’t all deserve it.
However, if you don’t do so, I don’t care. How the hell would I know whether or not you took my words to heart. I don’t know who the hell will see this. So I’ll end by saying that whether or not this changed your opinion,
Waste of Time out~
- whimsical-medely reblogged this from ms-monochrome
- whimsical-medely likes this
- poisodon likes this
- tophat-ghoul likes this
- shiroba-relatable likes this
- overzealous-panda-yak likes this
- todaywetackle likes this
- ask-thehomestuckfandom likes this
- cleodraws likes this
- sassymaru likes this
- becauseofmyloveformusic likes this
- rovateau likes this
- thegoodthebadandthequeer likes this
- spid3-the-dj likes this
- theministryiscoming reblogged this from ms-monochrome
- swaggermimint likes this
- fristjra reblogged this from tauros-xiv
- fristjra likes this
- tauros-xiv reblogged this from ms-monochrome
- aparticularlygoodfinder likes this
- shota-dad reblogged this from rap1993
- heartless-shadows likes this
- rap1993 reblogged this from cattheterrible
- rap1993 likes this
- sstarfire99 reblogged this from cattheterrible
- sstarfire99 likes this
- cattheterrible reblogged this from tauros-xiv
- thegooglegeek reblogged this from phantomflames
- phantomflames reblogged this from eternalashley225
- eternalashley225 reblogged this from ms-monochrome
- tauros-xiv likes this
- snapelicious-lokitricious reblogged this from ms-monochrome and added:
- theministryiscoming likes this
- motheryiffing reblogged this from betty-grof
- betty-grof reblogged this from ms-monochrome
- psychogeneticist reblogged this from midnightangelle
- psychogeneticist likes this
- midnightangelle reblogged this from microwaved-egg
- microwaved-egg reblogged this from vs-marquisespinneretmindfang
- sumnolent likes this
- pageoftime reblogged this from vs-marquisespinneretmindfang
- pageoftime likes this
- zamii070 likes this
- ewww-gross-this-damn-blog reblogged this from arminarureruto
- alicekuonji likes this
- 8dogs8banjos reblogged this from arminarureruto
- terminal-dogma likes this
- thomasisthebestcat reblogged this from sorryimcolin
- dankesgiving likes this
- otaku-4-life likes this